5 Secrets to Balancing Home and Work Life
Being out of balance can stress on all aspects of your life. Create harmony in your life and establish a healthy rhythm that’s sustainable and feels good to you.
Here are five tips to help you:
- Make home your sanctuary reflecting your personality and style. My mother told me to always start with the living room and work out from there.
- Tailor daily routines to live clean and clutter free.
- Play music and infuse pleasant aromas into your surroundings.
- Indulge in plants or fresh flowers
- Purge your closet. Simplify your life and create your own look with an affordable ten-item wardrobe.
- Prepare the night before for the following day. Set the table. Prep breakfast things. Go to bed in time to get plenty of rest.
- Create your own morning and evening ritual to set the tone of your day. It could be as simple as enjoying a book, a long hot bath or a cup of tea.
- Establish good boundaries, at home and at work. Frequently, I work from home. It took a while for me to be clear cut about defining my “office hours” and sticking to them.
- Love what you do for work.
- Set working and non-working hours. Honor your word regarding your schedule.
- Unplug the stress machine by choosing not to do too much.
- Build time into your schedule to indulge in things outside work you love to do that nourish you.
- Define and discuss your boundaries with others to improve your quality of life and relationships.
- Batch similar activities together
- Cook once, eat twice (or more). I like to spend Sunday evening preparing meals for the week so I have healthy choices pre-made when I am tired.
- Make lists, then organize similar tasks or errands together in time blocks so you can ride the momentum and improve efficiency.
- Create a passion plan
- Make a visual you can look at every day to achieve a future you are passionate about.
- Define your time line with measurable goals and action steps to monitor your progress and make adjustments when necessary. Making lists are one of the secrets to manifesting.
- Get support from your family and friends
- Communicate your values, vision and goals, and include ways they can help
- Getting family and friends on board with your vision will help you stay accountable. If your friends don’t support you, get new ones.